Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Syria set to reject peace talks offer

SOMETIMES THERE'S A FINE LINE BETWEEN DISINFORMATION AND MISSUNDERSTANDING:

This (below) came in from Davis with the comment: "I just cannot believe it. Bitter as I am, I must say, it's time to revise views, I think... NCF always held the US responsible, even setting up a conference with the Syrians, in lieu of their attendance... AND SYRIA HAS THE AUDACITY TO DECLINE?"


My response was, "This article quoting an ANNONYMOUS source is dissinformation. Leastways that's my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong but I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT. Ian Black was probably chatting to SOME SYRIAN over a glass of wine and that's his "SENIOR SOURCE" - When was Ian last in Damascus? could the Syrians really be that stupid? No for goodness sake:


Syria is expected to rebuff an invitation from the US to attend a grand Middle East peace conference later this year because it does not believe that either the Bush administration or Israel wants to reach a comprehensive regional settlement. President Bashar al-Assad has made no comment on Sunday's call by Condoleezza Rice, the US secretary of state. But diplomats said yesterday that the Syrian foreign minister, Walid al-Mouallem, will decline the offer when he holds talks at the UN this week - unless he receives ironclad assurances that the event will be more substantial than currently appears likely.


TO VIEW FULL ITEM CLICK HERE

No comments: