Venue: City University, Northampton Square, London EC1V 4DB
The Next Century Foundation in association with the Department of Journalism at City University London is holding a one day conference on Monday 11th of May entitled Voices Online: Blogging Conference. The conference is looking at the role of blogging and micro-blogging and will bring bloggers from the Middle East to debate and interact with their Western counterparts in a series of panel discussions.
Speakers to include:
- Professor Adrian Monck - Head of Journalism and Publishing at City University.
- Guido Fawkes - Political blogger of the day - received wide recognition for breaking the news of leaked e-mails from Damian McBride.
- Karim Arafat - Co-founder of Watwet, the Arabic twitter and Tootcorp.
- Slugger O'Toole - Northern Ireland Politics Blog and Head of Political Blogs, Telegraph Group.
- Badrakhan Al-Sindi - Editor in Chief of Iraqi Al -Ta'akhi newspaper.
- Andrew Miller - Political Editor and Bagehot columnist, The Economist.
- Mark Jones - Reuters Global Community Editor.
- Mona Eltahawy - Egyptian/US Columnist, Analyst & Blogger.
- Andrew Sparrow - Senior Political Correspondent, Guardian website & Orwell Prize 2009 shortlisted Blog.
Session 1 9.30am - 10.30am - State of the Art Technology.
Session 2 10.45am - 11.45am - Blogger to Blogger - The Political Blog.
Session 3 11.45am - 12.45pm - Journalist Bloggers.
Lunch 12.45pm - 13.30pm
Working Groups 13.30pm - 15.30pm
The Conference is open to all but if you wish to secure a place please e-mail:
email@example.com or PowellDR@state.gov or Deborah Pout at firstname.lastname@example.org
Organised by The Next Century Foundation and held with support from The US Media Outreach Centre at the US Embassy.