The International Media Awards are presented at a ceremony held each year by the International Council for Press and Broadcasting, a subsidiary body of the Next Century Foundation. The awards honour editors, journalists, TV producers and broadcasters in recognition of the vital role that the media can play in fostering understanding, the essential pre-requisite of any peace process.
The Award categories are: Lifetime Achievement, Peace Through Media, Cutting Edge, Breakaway, New Media, Photography and Visual Media, and Outstanding Contribution to Broadcasting and Media
Please send your nominations, and if possible a short biography of the nominees and why you are nominating them, to the International Media Awards via email@example.com.
For further information about the International Media Awards, visit www.internationalmediaawards.org
You may remember that the 2013 winners were:
Peace Through Media Award
- PAT LANCASTER, editor of Middle East Magazine.
- IGAL SARNA, columnist for Yediot Ahronot.
- WAEL DAHDOUH, Al Jazeera correspondent in Gaza.
- DON MCCULLIN, photojournalist and author.
- BENJAMIN POGRUND, contributor for the Guardian and previous sub-editor on the Independent foreign desk.
- LINA SINJAB, Damascus correspondent for the BBC.
- RACHEL SHABI, journalist and author of ‘Not the Enemy: Israel’s Jews from Arab Lands’
- NABILA RAMDANI, columnist and broadcaster for BBC and Al Jazeera.
- MAHMOUD AL YOUSIF, blogger.
- GEORGE BUTLER, war artist.
RANIA ALATTAR, journalist for BBC Arabic.